Saturday, August 4, 2007

Week 3

My Covers - "Take 1"

Now is when things get tricky...I wonder what Michel Richard is looking for in this design? I know that chefs tend to like white palettes to feature their food. But, since Michel is an artist, I'm sure he will apprecite color done right. I will chose a color palette inspired by yummy food - I have decided on the colors chocolate, buttercream, pumpkin and lima bean. These colors should compliment most any photographs of food we may work with in the future. Additionally, I have decided to use fonts Century Gothic, and French Script. Century Gothic was chosen for it's round, robust shape, and because I know both Michel and Joyce are fond of it. I chose Fench Script thinking Michel will appreciate it.
For my cover redesign, I will use a combination of colors and fonts in the masthead, as well as a colorful food photo on the cover, resembling an abstract painting. My goal is to replace the existing cover design with something intriguing - I want the audience to say " what is that ? " and " I need to find out .." I can accmplish this by using Michel's "Mosaic", which is a beautiful example of food as art.

No comments: